We are starting a series of reading recommendations focusing on white collar crime.
Whether you are an avid reader of true crime stories or a compliance geek, we hope you will enjoy our weekly selection.
This week, we are presenting a selection of 5 books written by whistleblowers:
- Extraordinary Circumstances, by Cynthia Cooper, on Worldcom
- Power Failure, by Sherron Watkins, on Enron
- No One Would Listen, by Harry Markopolos, on Madoff
- Exposure, by Michael Woodford, on Olympus
- Thicker Than Water, by Tyler Shultz, on Theranos
These stories are all well told and read like thrillers. From the junior recruit (Shultz) to the CEO (Woodford), they all describe a transformational confrontation between an individual and a corporate machinery. The grit and determination of these authors is truly inspiring.